I’m not a prophet, but I can confidently predict that your business will enjoy five key benefits this year if you start using inventory management software. Here are my five predictions for your business in 2011:
1. You will improve customer service. What does inventory management software have to do with customer service? A lot. If you can quickly respond to customer orders, you can make your customers happier. Having the right products on hand helps you move swiftly and ship products faster.
2. You will have an easier time managing inventory in multiple locations. It’s so frustrating when your computer tells you a product is on the shelf in a certain warehouse, but when you look for it it’s not there. If you use the right inventory management software, you shouldn’t face that problem. Inventory software acts as an inventory locator, using barcodes, lot numbers, serial numbers and more to store products in the right places so you can find them easily.
3. You will increase employee productivity. You can train many employees on how to use inventory management software. That way, you’re not dependent upon a single expert to manage your inventory. You can also make the most of your employees’ time. Using wireless mobile devices, they can cycle count inventory, receive products, locate products and much more. You can limit user rights to protect sensitive data, as well.
4. You will make better use of your time. By entrusting more inventory management duties to your employees, you free up more of your time to dedicate to managerial tasks. As your company grows, you’ll need to delegate more responsibilities to your employees. But only you, as a business owner, can build the right relationships and make the big decisions that will lead to success.
5. You will save money! Inventory management software saves your company money in several ways. As I said before, it saves time and makes your employees even more productive. It also helps you prevent products from going past their expiration date or becoming obsolete before you sell them. Plus, you can keep an optimal amount of inventory on hand so you won’t tie up too much cash that could be used for better purposes.
There you go! Those are my five predictions for your business if you use inventory management software. Sign up today for an inventory software demo, and start making your future brighter!