Could you use a hand with managing your inventory? It’s not easy to keep track of thousands of items leaving and coming into your warehouse(s). But knowing how much inventory you have on hand at any given moment is an important part of running a business.
In the Palm of Your Hand
Warehouse management software puts barcode scanning and other features into your hands. There are numerous ways that modern technology helps you stay informed on your inventory’s quantities and movements.
For example, warehouse management software lets you:
- Get accurate inventory numbers in real time
- Perform periodic cycle counts to adjust inventory numbers
- Use barcode scanners to speed up numerous inventory processes
- Track shipments and be informed when new orders arrive and depart
- Speed up the pick/pack/ship process
- Set up automatic reorder points to make sure parts and products are restocked before they run out
Keeping the Situation in Hand
By using warehouse management software and keeping up with all of your transactions, you make it more likely that your inventory situation will never get out of hand again.
So when someone asks if you know offhand how many of a certain product you have on hand, you don’t have to take a guess or say you don’t know. You can just look down at the device in your hand and tell them.